Come join our team and help turn creative inventions into impactful innovations! Our vision at Planful Learning and Assessment is to combine the evidence from learning science with the wisdom of experienced teachers to provide students, parents, and educators engaging and effective assessment content. Our development of the PhenomeNation app is a step towards fulfilling our vision.
The PhenomeNation app currently supports teachers in writing Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) -aligned assessments for NGSS classroom implementation but can potentially support writing contextualized assessment content from other domains. The NGSS has resulted in dramatic growth in development time and cost of science assessment using conventional test development practices. Districts and states are unable to afford enough science tasks to support classroom needs. PhenomeNation reduces brainstorming churn for teachers writing science assessments by offering hundreds of standards-aligned phenomena ideas and draft questions identified by an automated web search algorithm employing natural language processing and principled assessment design. This technology-facilitated approach preserves teachers’ role, versus a completely automated approach which replaces teachers, while improving velocity and reducing cost of science assessment development.
Planful Learning and Assessment is looking for a Data Scientist for a contract position. Our candidate will be collaborating with a small team with learning science, psychometric, design, and business expertise supporting development of the PhenomeNation app.
- Collaborate with team members to develop innovative solutions to meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools
- Effectively communicate the analytics approach and how it will meet and address objectives to business partners
- Get familiar with the user problems and pain points we’re trying to solve.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or related field.
- 1+ years of Data Science and Machine Learning experience required.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Proficiency with NLP concepts and experience in implementing NLP use cases.
- Proficiency with Machine Learning concepts and ability to implement Supervised models.
- Ability to implement ML best practices for the entire Data Science lifecycle.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills to understand business partner needs and deliver solutions.
Join our team at Planful Learning and Assessment turning inventions into impactful innovations!